Sunday 19 June 2011

Be easy, dont make decisions when you're mad...

I actually think I have had a mini breakdown over the last couple of weeks.  Honestly, something has been up.  I had a little situation (argument?) about something with my bf 2 weeks ago today, and even though we made up after it, I felt really sad the rest of the day, and this actually went on for the following 2 weeks :( lots of things happened that upset me, but it was the fact that I go so upset by them that worried me, and just couldn't break out of this horrible, horrible feeling of being so down, and like I could cry at any moment.  Also not enjoying anything, and being so worried.  Bf noticed of course, and it upset him.  So that just added to my own sadness.  I do feel a bit better today.  I am thinking it could be something to do with my periods, because for the first week I was sad, I Was due, so it could of been PMS.  But the 2nd week, I actually had my period, and I thought that PMS was supposed to fade once you actually got the period?  I don't know.  I had been on the Pill for years, and a good few months ago I came off it for other reasons.  Ever since then every month has been different with my period.  Like last month, I had virtually no PMS, no pain, and no warning really, and it was lighter.  Then this month I had the above... and some pain and it was really heavy.  I had made an appointment to see the doctor to go back on the Pill before all this happened, and the appointment just happens to be tomorrow, so I will mention it to the doctor.  If it wasn't PMS, I have no idea why I've been so sad.  Either way I just hope something can be done.


One of the things that has upset me, was bf's new social life.  I know how bad this sounds and how bad it makes me sound but this is how I felt.  He got a promotion at work which is brilliant, and is now the manager of a team of 3 (including him) he has one girl who is a couple of years younger than me, and one man who is a bit older, he is in his early 30's.  I've known them both for a while because we work in the same office on a Monday & Friday.  He didn't know them before.  He also has a wider team of another 3 people.  One girl who is a year older than me (his manager) and another guy (gay) and a woman who is a bit older.  They are all lovely people.  But I have to admit, I've been feeling jealous :( I'm ashamed to admit it but I have.  Jealous on more than one level.  I've been jealous that he is going to be working so closely with this girl, the younger one, let's call her MW.  I know because they will have the same kind of relationship that I had with my old manager, GM.  Completely innocent, but for some reason, I've been unable to handle the fact that they will be as close as me & GM were.  I know that's stupid.  1. because it was all innocent and 2. because I've done it as well.  Just have a horrible feeling.  Also jealous because he has such a fun team!  They have nights out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time.  I mean the wider team.  And good for them.  I just wish my team were as fun.  We both moved here to Edinburgh together.  We've lived here for about a year & a half.  I've had a few friends, a few nights out.  He hasn't really.  So now that he is, I wonder if it is just because there has been a change that I feel so uneasy, and that I'll soon get used to it.  While I've had a few friends and nights out, I feel lonely here.  It's only been a few nights out and I don't have proper friends.  The only people I really see here are work people & bf.   But now that he is going out a lot, I guess I feel I have to meet people and get out myself.  To try and do this, I got in touch with an old school friend who has also moved to Edinburgh, and we're meeting for a drink on Tuesday night.  We were hardly even friends at school but I'll take anything at the moment, the way I'm feeling.  Also I am going to apply for a part time bar job down the road.  I have a busy job as it is but a bar job would help me meet people, right?  And it would get me out the house.  I miss my friends in Glasgow so much and I go back and see them as much as I can but I've got to make some friends here too.  It doesn't look like I'm moving back to Glasgow any time soon.


I'm sure I would of had all these feelings anyway, but I think they've been magnified by my little bout of depression, whatever brought that on.  Will definitely say to the doctor about it.


Oh and also, bf & I have worked in the same area since we moved here, but normally on a Monday, Tuesday & Friday, we work in different offices, and on a Wednesday & Thursday we worked in the same office, but he was round the corner from me so we didn't see too much of each other.  But now, Monday, Tuesday & Friday we are in the SAME office and he just sits a few seats behind me, and in the office we're in on a Wednesday & Friday, again he is just a few seats behind me!  And I hate it! :( I think it's bad to see too much of each other and also, I hear him & his team having a laugh etc and I feel more jealous.  It is so bad of me, because I know even when he was round the corner from us he would be able to hear me & GM.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hopefully these feelings go away soon.  


IN OTHER NEWS...


Got an invite to my cousin's wedding in Northern Ireland :) It's for the full day and I'm really looking forward to going over and seeing everyone.


Things are better with me & bf because I am feeling better.  Hoping this continues, because we don't usually have problems, and this problem I really think is solely because of how I've felt.  Here's hoping the doctor can enlighten me about it! xx


JLo & LL Cool J - All I Have

No comments:

Post a Comment